Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Michael's Haul

Hello! This past Saturday I went to Michael's and I wanted to share my little haul. I have been watching some videos on You Tube about card making so that is really the reason I went into Michael's. I am trying to see what all I need and how much the materials cost. You know just basic research on the craft. I have been seeing people making little 3 X 3 cards and I think that they are just really cute. When I went into Michael's I saw the $1 bins and they had little stamps in them. I thought that this would be perfect to get a few and then use them to try my hand at card making. They also had some small acrylic blocks and small punches in the $1 bins. I knew I needed one of the little acrylic blocks so I got one of them and a little heart punch. Then I also found some other stamp sets on sell for $1.99. I decided to get a couple of them because they were just too cute to pass up. I shared a picture of them below. Well after getting stamps I knew I needed an ink pad and I had a 40% off any regular priced item coupon so I used it to get my ink pad. Next I went to look at the paper and they had a very cute pack of Recollections 6 X 6 card stock paper which was called The Bright and Basic Pad for $3.99. I ended up buying 4 sets of $1 stamps, a $1 acrylic block, a $1 heart punch, 2 sets of $1.99 stamp sets, a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, 1 pack of Recollections 6 X 6 card stock paper, and donated $1 to buy a book for a child. My total at the register was $20.32. I was very excited about everything I bought. Below I have pictures of my haul and gave a little more detail on what I bought. I hope you enjoyed my little haul and now I am ready to use what I bought and make some cards. I do have a Cricut original that I bought this past summer as you can see in the pictures below so I hope to use it in my card making also.


This is a picture of everything I bought. Like I said just a small little haul but I think that there are many crafts I can do with this small haul.



These are the items I got out of the $1 bin. Starting at the left is a little stamp set that has I Love You in a heart, 3 different size hearts, and a Be Mine saying. the next set over has a Thinking of You saying and a Miss You So saying. Next is a set with a little border and a Thank You So Much saying. The last little stamp set has a little curved border,  a little snowflake, a Make a Wish saying, and a Celebrate saying. At the end you see the little acrylic block and little heart punch. I really liked these stamp sets because there are so many little cards you could do with these sayings.


Next is a picture of the two $1.99 stamp sets. On the left is the stamp set "Don't Bug Me" by Recollections. I thought the little insects were just too cute. Then on the right is the stamp set "Woof Woof" by Recollections. I have a little dog that I just love so much that when I saw this set for $1.99 I just had to get it. I was thinking of maybe doing a scrapbook page for my little dog and use some of these stamps.

Lastly is a picture of the pack of Recollections 6 x 6 card stock paper called The Bright and Basic Pad and the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad that I got for 40% off with my coupon. I just loved the little paper pack because as you can see it has so many designs like polka dots (my favorite), chevrons, stripes, plaids, etc. and in so many different colors. There are just so many possibilities with this paper pack.

Again I hope that you enjoyed my little haul.

Happy Crafting!
aninspiredcraftroom@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment