Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Birthday Card for a Teenager

Hey crafty friends! In my last post I talked about how this is a busy birthday week for me. I have two nephews and one niece and all of their birthdays are this week. One of my nephews will be turning 15 so I wanted to make a card that was more grown up looking and not so cutesy. Here is a picture of the card:
 And here is a picture of the inside of the card:
I really love the way this card turned out. I think it is great for a teenage boy and could easily be used for a teenage girl by just changing the color of the papers.

Supplies & Recipe:
  • Gray Cardstock (Card Base: 8 1/2 X 5 1/2 Scored @ 4 1/4, Banner Outline: 2 1/4 X 5 3/8, & Gray Circle: 2 1/2)
  • Studio G Blue Paper Pack-VPP0001 (Layer on Card Base: 4 1/8 X 5 3/8, Polka Dot Banner: 2 1/8  5 3/8, & The Number 15 cut from Cricut Craftroom Basics: 1 3/4)
  • Colorbok Designer Paper-Natural Expressions (Pattern Circle: 2 1/4 & Banner for Sentiment: 1 X 3)
  • Dark Blue Cardstock (Scallop Circle cut from Cricut Craftroom Basics: 2 3/4 & "Happy Birthday" Inside the Card cut from Create a Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge: 2)
  • White Cardstock (Layer Inside the Card: 4 1/8 X 5 3/8)
  • Studio G Clear Stamps-VS4911 ("Celebrate" Stamp)
  • Tape Runner
  • Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue
I hope that you like and can use this card idea.
Thanks for visiting &
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment