Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Hello crafters! I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. For the fourth my husband and I spent time with family and of course I did some crafting. I made another 4th of July card. I used the Carson's Creations Sketch #18 which is the "You're a Star" Sketch. This is my first time to use a sketch while making a card and I have to say I love it. I have already created a board on my Pinterest page for card sketches and have started pinning some great sketches. You can click here to see and follow the board. I also used the colors red, white, and blue since this is a patriotic card.
Recipe for the Card:
The card base measures 8.5 X 5.5 and scored at 4.25. The white layer measures 4 X 5.25 and the red layer measures 3.75 X 5. For this card I cut three stars from Cricut Craftroom Basics. The blue star was cut at 3 inches, the white star was cut at 2.5 inches, and the red star was cut at 2 inches. The blue layer behind the stripes were both cut at .75 and the star pattern stripes were both cut at .5. The phrase was cut from the Create a Critter 2 cartridge and was cut at 1.5 inches. The frame around the phrase was cut from the Lyrical Letters Cricut cartridge and was cut at 2.75 inches. 
Sketch Used:
Supplies:
Blue Cardstock
White Cardstock
Red Cardstock (Colorbok Textured Cardstock: Natural Wonder)
Star Pattern Paper (Studio G: VPP0001)
Cricut Craftroom Basics (Stars)
Lyrical Letter Cricut Cartridge (Frame around phrase)
Create a Critter 2 Cricut Cartridge (Phrase)
Tape Runner
Scotch Scrapbooker's Glue
Foam Squares

Challenges:


I hope you like and can use this card idea.
Thanks for visiting &
Happy Crafting!
-Mary

10 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stars and stripes! Thanks for joining us over at Little Scrap Pieces! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful card! Lovely job!!
    Would love if you joined us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥(my blog)
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks Challenges ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
    ♥ Cut It Up Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is wonderful. Thanks for joining the DCC challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun card, I really like that sketch, and the sentiment bubble you added is so cute, a really fun font! Thanks for joining our Red, White & Blue challenge at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I like all the layers to the star and the fun font of the sentiment! Thanks for joining the Red White and Blue challenge at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully patriotic card. Love the layered star. Thanks for entering the Cricut Crawl challenge at FCCB. Kim Ogden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an awesome sketch and card! TFS!! Thanks for joining FCCB!!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie
    http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. especially like your stripes of star paper. so patriotic! Thanks for joining the lsp challenge this week. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect patriotic card - Great job with the sketch too!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Little Scrap Pieces!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete